Sunday, February 8, 2015

2/9/15 day 20: STR>ATL>PHX

650 am wake up calls are on my shit list. Quick rinse and ran down to the hotel restaurant for frühstuck. Such a pity we had to bail at 745. This breakfast is fairly righteous. Fresh squeezed OJ, nice breads, meats, cheeses, yogurts... I mean standard stuff but high quality shrizz. Out the door by 7:55 a little frazzled but steady. 

Roads had a light coat of snow and there were very few cars on the road. Made the 25 minute drive to the Stuttgart airport and returned the rental car at 830, right on schedule. Checked in, dropped luggage, passport control, located my seat. Stuttgart to ATL. Yeah baby.

Watched "Fury" and "St Vincent" and caught maybe an hour of sleep. Brutal. I need to figure out this whole sleeping on an airplane thing. Used to be no problem now it's just frustrating.

Had three hours in ATL so I found a little piano bar and tasted an IPA for the first time in weeks. I don't know man, I think my idea to import IPA to Germany could work! I have a whole marketing strategy prepared. Contact my assistant for details.

I did sleep to PHX. By that point I was deleriously tired. Basically slept the whole flight home. Stepped off the plane to 50 degree weather and was happy.

Home sweet home. Until April friends. Stay tuned for Italy and Slovakian tour Spring 2015.


No comments: