Saturday, April 28, 2012

4/28/12 day 3: Marseille, France

Up before dawn today and went out to the crew deck to watch us roll into Marseille. Beautiful sunrise over the harbor. Today I had two safety trainings and then took a shuttle into the old part of town (Vieux Port) and walked around a little bit. To be quite honest, I don't consider it to be an extremely beautiful city... It was a bit run down and dirty. The harbor was impressive and I love the history of the city (it may be the oldest city in France), but there was a ton of construction all over and I didn't have time to really dig in and get a good sense of the town. Anyway, enjoyed a walk and the time off the boat. Played another short set tonight. Oh yeah, I'm here to play music!! Loved playing tonight. Had some fans of the 80s stuff, so rocked prince, peter Gabriel, and tears for fears. The bad news is, I missed dinner. The good news is I probably don't need it... They feed us these huge meals three times a day. Gonna hit the gym and call it. 88 more shows...

No comments: