Monday, April 30, 2012

4/30/12 day 5: Portovenere, Italy

0900 hours
Of all the things I dig about this boat, definitely the most frustrating is availability of Internet!! It's a "pay as you go" usage system which by itself seems archaic. Add to that, the only
way you can add money to your account is between the hours of 10-12 and 4-6. Not very practical at all.

We are pulling into port in Portovenere, Italy this morning. I am going to try to disembark for a little while between training sessions. Bummed I couldn't get off yesterday in Monte Carlo. Time to make up for it. Maybe bring some Italian wine back to the room for later?! Over and in.

1800:
Had a great afternoon walking around this little city today. Definitely had a "I can't believe I am here" moment. Made it back to the ship with enough time for a quick power nap and then dinner and then three sets tonight. Finally get to play! Feels like I am on some weird nautical themed vacation...

No comments: