Saturday, January 24, 2015

1/24/15 day 5: Remchingen, DE

Up at 6:45 which is not cool. I thought my body had recovered from the flight but I guess not. Breakfast in the restaurant was average. The guys came down around 9. We revised the set list and game planned for the day and then hit the road at 11. We heard that Schloß Lichtenstein located 15 min south of Pfullingen was worth a visit and by the pics online it is, but it's closed in January. We decided to just head north and hope we can check into our hotel rooms early.

Another beautifully short drive towards Karlsruhe today. Found the hotel, loaded in, had a coffee in the restaurant and reconvened at 2 for our photo shoot. 

Our Slovakian friend/booking agent Olga set up a photo shoot for us w her friend Viera who met us at the hotel at 2. We discussed the game plan over coffee and then headed out to find the right location which we found about 20 minutes down the road at a neighboring town. It was cold by this point, like, more-than-a-jean-jacket-is-needed cold. We got the picks quick though right as it began to snow. Hoped in the car, cranked the heat, and cruised directly to the venue Löwensaal at 430. Load in and sound check were done by 530. We went next door for Greek food and got back to the venue around 7. I was struggling at this point. I was already sleepy and then I had a serious food coma. No nap and no lunch?! Unheard of.

We hit the green room and ran some of the newer tunes and did some vocal warm ups. Took the elevator down to the stage and hit at 8 to a packed room (80 beautiful German folks). So nice to work with an amazing sound system! Sets went great. We substituted "Memories" for "Worth The fight" and did "on my own" again. Felt good. Crowd dug it.


Afterwards we chilled at the merch table and rapped w our new friends. I'm still in awe how well this music is received here. This crowd gets this music and I am reminded of it every night.

They sent us home with food and beverage which we busted out at the band meeting in my room after the gig. We were home by 11 and I was in bed, exhausted and happy, at 12. Another great room, night, audience, dinner, performance.

No comments: