Sunday, November 15, 2015

11/15/15 day 16: Neuruppin, DE

Cold and rainy this morning for breakfast. Perfect day to just chill and cleanse in the sauna. Breakfast was good. Not only did they offer made to order omelettes, they had tobasco, fresh carrot and apple juice, and gluten free breads. I mean, I didn't eat any, because why, but still! Germany ain't scared!

Hit the spa around 1230. Started in the sauna, then had a nice long float in the salt pool, or as we call it a "dangle." This salt pool is bomb; it's a heated salt pool with an open roof to the sky. Today was cold and rainy so, you are completely buoyant and warm and then your toes and face are exposed to the cold rain. You tilt your head back and once your ears are submerged in the water, you hear the spacey music they pipe into the water. Close your eyes and you have the feeling you are gently careening through space spinning on all axises... axeeze.... axi.... Whatever, you know what I'm trying to say. And may I remind you, dear reader, everyone in this pool is naked.... Yeah, wrap your brain around that.

After the naked space float I hit the eucalyptus steam room, then took a cold shower, then hit the outdoor heated pool.  I mean, come on, I'm writing this and I don't even believe it. It's unreal. Such a beautiful spot and so thankful I get to experience this. We are spoiled rotten.

Spent the afternoon in a lazy fog drinking coffee and watching TV. It was awesome! It was raining on and off all day which was the perfect backdrop.

At about 530 we organized for dinner and walked up the street from the hotel to a tapas and wine joint owned by a friend of a friend who works at the hote. It was great. Awesome food and delicious wine and the occasional hilarious story.
The owner called in and bought us a taste of this beauty too.
We walked back to the hotel around 9 and decided to take advantage of the late closing of the spa and so we all went for one last dangle and sauna and a dip in the cold, cold lake. I only made it up to my waiste. I'm not crazy.

We then realized the Pats were playing and spent the next several hours trying to find ways to watch it. Wasn't on TV, couldn't stream it from our phones, so we all individually watched the game cast. Stayed up until 1:30 to see the win and went to bed victorious.

Night from Neuruppin.


No comments: