Monday, November 2, 2015

11/2/15 day 3: Aachen, DE

Woke up to an amazing, classic German style breakfast; fresh bread rolls, cheese selection, jams, fresh fruit, coffee...
After breakfast I went into town with Peter my host brother, his wife Nubia and baby girl Isabella. Perfect Fall day for a walk about... We hit the Dom...
Elisenbrunnen where for centuries thermal waters have healed and repelled (with the smell). It's hot and it smells and tastes like eggs...
Rathaus
Ran into a astronaut and a knight...
And just wandered...
Peter and fam had to jet to the airport to head back to Lyon, France so I continued my stroll with a fine Döner and sat down for an espresso and enjoyed the perfect weather.
I grabbed Bus 47 at Ponttor back to Laurensberg. I bought a Reisfladen (it's like rice pudding in the form of a cake, a specialty from Aachen) and was then picked up by my host father Werner and we want to his new place and had Chili con Carne with his girlfriend and got caught up.

It's been such a treat to have a few days off with my old host family. It's been too long and I will make it a point to make a stop in the area on the next tours. These people are too close to my heart to not see.

Tour starts tmrw! Insert evil laugh...

No comments: