Saturday, October 25, 2014

10/24/14 day 17: Achim, DE

Getting up at 6am is starting to get in my nerves...

On the road at 630 to Bristol Airport with Jeff and Peter. Had time to grab a coffee to go. KLM wanted to charge me for another seat for my guitar, I politely asked for the supervisor, she was cool and told me to bring the guitar on board. No worries. That's also getting old; I need to find an airline that doesn't hassle me about my axe.


Hour layover in Amsterdam, enough time for a sandwich and some internet and then landed in Hamburg at like 3, arrived in Achim at 430. I went full coma nap (eye mask and sound machine) for an hour. Needed it badly. 

Staying at a little B&B a couple clicks outside of town. Very respectable digs.

Arrived at Kulturhaus Achim at 5:45 and met Henning the sound guy and Susanne the booking agent. Really cool club. It's like a small black box theater, good size, great sound system. We sound checked and then went downstairs to the restaurant for dinner. Peter and I had pork chops and Jeff had a baked vegetable dish. It was nice. A little rushed to finish up dinner before the show but otherwise it was a lovely little dinner. Super tasty.

Had about 15 minutes to warm up the voices in the green room before the show. We hit to a good sized crowd of excited Germans. Felt great. The natural acoustics were juicy! The tunes are super tight now and we delivered the goods for sure. Another stellar night in a great new club. Only wish they booked more than once every couple years!!

Debrief at the B&B and then a little Walking Dead in German. Gute Nacht!

No comments: