Monday, June 11, 2012

6/12/12 day 48: At Sea

Had a super productive day. Learned two new songs (Lionel Richie "Stuck on You" and Gordon Lightfoot "If You Could Read My Mind) and then polished off a new original tune that is yet to be named. Even had time to hit the gym before dinner. I haven't worked out this much since '93. Now, why don't I weigh 180 pounds like I did then?

Had a good night performing too.
The crowd was fired up. Had the crowd singing Hey Jude.

On a side note, the crew celebrated Philipine Independence Day tonight, which is a big deal considering 80+% of the crew is Philipino. It was raucous. There was even a crew band. On the setlist was Adele, Nirvana, and Green Day and some stuff that sounded
like Rage Against The Machine but Philipino. I kind of felt like it was '92 and OPM was playing a frat party. I was waiting to hear "Suck My Kiss" and "Satan's Bed" into "Day Tripper." Some things never change. Will "Smells Like Teen Spirit" ever go out of style? Probably not. Ps. It smelled like teen spirit in the bar tonight.

No comments: