Thursday, June 7, 2012

6/6/12 day 42: At Sea

We struck out from Hamburg last night and set a course for Norway. Today was a quiet day. The seas are quite calm. I see some new faces in the mess at meal time. Friends getting caught up. The crew bounce around a bit between the different boats in the fleet, so you are bound to see familiar faces on your contract. I am still the subject of many questions: how long is your contract? I reply, three months. Usually the answer to that is "oh, that's not bad at all." some of these people are on 7 months at a time! Three months to them is a vacation. Another question i hear from other crew is "don't you get bored during the day?" Are you kidding me?! How can you be bored on this ship?! Boredom is the pastime of listless teenagers and uninspired bullies. I really dig the free time, especially now that we got a bunch of new movies on the in-room entertainment system. Plus, the gym is always open. Boredom? Please.

No comments: