Sunday, June 17, 2012

6/16/12 day 52: At Sea

The highlight of a rather chill day today was definitely my last set in the club. The first set at 630 was fairly subdued. Folks usually stroll in for a pre-dinner drink and an appetizer. I play the mellow stuff, people are chilled out. In between sets I had dinner upstairs in a real restaurant, not the mess (delicious again Peter) and then rolled back down to the club at 9 for my last couple sets. There are a couple groups of folks (some fellow massholers too) that hve been on since the last cruise that come down and listen to the hits, and even ask for originals by name. There were some new faces too, but still it's pretty mellow. At about 1045 the place filled up completely, maybe like 150 people. It went from like 30 people to 150 in 15 minutes. The show upstairs in the Grand Salon got out and everyone came directly down to the club ready to party. I had the whole place singing and dancing. It was raucous. People clapping on 1 and 3, standing up for the choruses, singing at the top of their lungs... It was hilarious and exhausting. As I packed up my gear, some folks even gave me a standing O. Too funny.

No comments: