Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/27/12 day 63: Helsinki, Finnland

I'm starting to think I've cursed all bike tours... In the middle of an otherwise uneventful bike tour, dark grey clouds slid under a pristine blue sky and opened up above us. Big rain drops began pelting us. Smarter folks brought rain jackets, wind breakers, scarves, hats...Not me. Not this guy. A polo and trousers (yeah, I said "trousers") was all I had on. And while not as thorough a soaking as in Tallinn, this was still a severe pain the ass and it called for quick action with the safe stowing of the cell phone in a guest's backpack. And then, as quickly as it came, it was gone. The sun was beginning to dry said trousers as the tour ended and we all high fived back at the ship. I took a quick stroll through the farmers market that looks so awesome last time and took note on about 10 things I want to pick up the next visit.

Call it hard headed or stubborn but I did sign up for a bike tour in Norway next cruise. And there it will most certainly rain... Awesome.

No comments: