Friday, April 11, 2014

4/11/14 day 4: Fredericia, Denmark

Chris and I grabbed a coffee in the sun before heading south to Fredericia. Easy drive. Talked music. Listened to some of Chris' new blues album w The Spin Doctors. It's good stuff. Go check it out.



Hit the hotel first and dropped off our bags and then walked around a bit. Grabbed a Durum which is basically a Döner that is wrapped in a soft pita. It hit the spot! Walked by the venue which isn't far from the hotel.



Grabbed about a 14 second nap before heading back over to the venue for sound check. Love this place. Such a cool venue for acoustic music. It's an old textile warehouse with wooden floors and huge wooden beams. The sound system is usually the best on any DK tour, but it has amazing natural acoustics.



Homeade chili con carne for dinner at 7 with Tomas the sound guy and Chris. Then we found out the show started at 9, so we had some time to kill so Chris and I headed back to the hotel, crushed a nap, and then got back to the venue at 830 feeling refreshed and ready to rock.

The set went well. Love playing cuts from the new album. I feel like I have a pretty deep repertoire of tunes to draw from which makes the set fun and unpredictable.

Chris rocked it. Chris has this uncanny ability to disarm the room and get everyone laughing. I feel like a young Jedi taking lessons from a rock and roll yoda. And his tunes are diverse; some jazzier numbers, driving rock tunes, tender love tunes. I mean it's awesome hearing the hits but I am getting into his new solo stuff.

After the set, Chris and I and like 8 of Chris' friends went to the green room and had a little acoustic sing along jam session. Once the refrigerator was emptied, we went down the block to the English pub. We ran into some of the staff from the venue and some of folks that went to the show. There was a guy playing rock tunes in the corner of the bar and I had flash backs of my tour last year. So glad to NOT be playing in pubs. This guy was into it tho. I'm just glad it wasn't me.


No comments: