Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/8/14 Day 1: PHX>HAM

5am wake up calls are never particularly pretty, but Id like to think this one wasn't all that bad. The city is quiet at this hour.

I get to the airport at 6 and find out the plane needs a part... A part. Like, this part is busted, we need a new one. We are flying it in from ATL. Huh? Not exactly welcome news.

They were able to rebook me on a BA (British Airways NOT Bad Ass) flight to Heathrow and then on to Ham later in the evening. This way, I have one less stop but I get in later to HAM which means an even later arrival in Thisted. Fingers crossed my checked bag even finds it's way, the hotel does late check in, my GPS works in the car....And I thought I had good travel karma...

I did have a nice relaxing morning/afternoon! Had breakfast w my buddy Alex who rescued me from the airport. Napped. Rethought my packing strategies. Continued reading the Keith Richards memoir by the pool. Had one last American chicken schwarma at Pita Jungle, one of my favorite downtown eateries... In a matter of days, I will be stuffing my fat face with scharma and falafel and rot/weiß Fritten other delicious treats in Europe. Alright, I'm ready to get the hell out of here.
I'm gonna miss this view though and this amazing weather. Don't change Phoenix! I'll b back soon.

9:38PM
15 new movies to watch on the plane. And what do I watch?


Lord Of The Rings

No comments: