Saturday, April 12, 2014

4/12/14 day 5: Ebeltoft, DK

Chris and I had a quick lunch in town and then hit the road to Ebeltoft. Nice quick drive today. Drove past the scene of the infamous "Robbery in Ebeltoft" Hotel and quietly extended my middle finger in its general direction. Our hotel this time was a little past downtown up the hill a bit. Apparently the building was designed by a famous Danish architect. I'll have to find out who. Didn't really have the time to get a proper nap in before load in. Got to the venue sound checked, and then enjoyed some dinner; fish, couscous, roasted peppers... Spanish inspired. I came all the way to Denmark to eat Spanish food.

My set went great tonight. I dig this venue (kulturhus); it's like a little vibey community center with hard wood floors and candles. Every one is so stinking nice too. Love it. One thing I noticed tonight and now I realize I seen it often. The live music consumer in Europe is older, like, 50+. There are younger folks too obviously but when is the last time u went out to see a show and you were sitting next to a 65 year old. And she isn't sitting quietly, she's rocking out?? I dig it. Live music, the great age leveler. And they aren't scared to come out and enjoy brand new music and mix it up w the kids.

Chris and I both agreed that we wanted to see something of the city so after the gig we ventured out. It's such a super sleepy little town. No one was out; the streets were empty. It was a little Danish ghost town. We found a local bar with some locals and chatted. Chris has stories for days. It's very informative and insightful and obviously very entertaining. He is a born story teller/entertainer.

After the beer in town we made our way back to the hotel. I think we are the only people here. It's eerily quiet. I might just sleep in tmrw and skip breakfast. It's been such a long crazy weekend and I'd love a nice long sleep in. I'm bummed this part of the tour is over. Chris has been a real sweetheart to me and it's been so fun getting to know him. We are gonna do this again, for sure... Night people.

No comments: