Wednesday, April 9, 2014

4/9/14 day 2 London>Flensburg

London Heathrow > Hamburg. Can you imagine the audacity of this trip were it to take place in 1945?

Flight was cool. Was asleep before the end of the movie. Had the chicken curry and then promptly passed out. You know, I'm just gonna say it, I don't mind airplane food. Don't hate. It's like TV dinners...

Quick layover in London. Grabbed a Starbucks and poached some wifi.

Short hop to Hamburg. Hoped in the rental car and headed north. I brought a GPS unit from PHX which took a while to get online and then there is a French GPS in the car... There was about 20 minutes of an English woman telling me to drive north and a French woman demanding I return to Hamburg airport... I was so fried that I just let them duke it out for a while. English woman won.

Had plans to drive straight to Thisted, but I bagged it in Flensburg. Stopped by my favorite brewery for a bite and a beer.

I had to scramble a little to find a room, but snapped up the last room available at this little hotel down the road. Watched the tail end of the Man U v Bayern soccer game, then finished Anchorman 2 in my room. Funny flick. Loved all the cameos.

Hit the hay at 11.

No comments: