Monday, April 14, 2014

4/14/14 day 7: Engelsholm>Herning

Up at 8 this morning for breakfast and morning assembly with the students. Musli and yogurt and a cup of black coffee to start the engines. Every morning the students gather for a group song and then a presentation of some sort. We sang a Danish tune and then the photography teacher gave a short presentation on landscape photography. Chris and I had on wireless headphones and in the back of the room, one of the students was translating to English. Said goodbye to the students, thanked the principal profusely for his hospitality and then hugged it out w Chris. The tour could end now and I would be totally cool with it. (However, I am SO looking forward to these upcoming weeks! My life is pretty awesome). Chris was a great tour partner. His stories alone were worth the price of admission. Great attitude, a kind heart and an overflowing good soul. Really look forward to connecting with him again in NYC or another DK tour.


My original plan was to head to Copenhagen and scope the scene but decided to spend the night in Herning with my buddies Sarah and Drake instead. As much as I love Copenhagen, it was hard for me to justify the drive and the expense. There is a toll bridge to get to CPH and round trip it costs like $100 not to mention CPH is one of the most expensive cities I've ever been to. I hope to get there in October though and add it to the tour schedule. Many thanks to my friend Nanna for offering to host me!

Had a much needed quiet afternoon in Herning. Weather was windy and brisk but walked the outdoor pedestrian shopping area and found a cappuccino and some wifi. Rocked some Chinese food for dinner and then had a super fun night talking music and clowning around with Drake and Sarah.  They showed me around some of thier favorite spots and we ended up grabbing a beer at a locals bar where we met some really nice folks who loved testing out their English. We played "Two Princes" on the juke box in Chris' honor and called it a night.

No comments: