Monday, July 16, 2012

7/16/12 day 82: St. Petersburg, Mother Russia

I had grandiose plans today to walk around this city with my friends. I ended up having lunch and waiting in my cabin only to promptly fall asleep and walk up at 2:30. Now, if we we're in any other city, I'd have just stepped off the ship and made my way but since it's Russia, you can't get off without paying $25 dollars for a coach ride to the square. Regardless of if you want the coach or not, you gotta pay and I wasn't about to pay that dough for a couple of hours. Instead I spent some time in the gym and started to watch Bernie starring Jack Black. I know. Not very adventurous of me, but sometimes average happens.

Played a good first set. Had about 20 people show up right at 630 to listen, applaud, and encourage my banter. It was totally cool. Got lots of great requests and I am happy to report its getting harder and harder to stump me. Broke for dinner upstairs in the Colonnade and sat with an Australian couple and talked southeast Asia travel (Bali next Summer sounds nice) and St. Petersburg history over a New York strip with fresh green beans. I've never heard of this, but English mustard is hot and spicy with loads of horseradish that opens the sinuses. Oh man, a dab of that on that steak?! Unreal. Finished up my set and made it back to my room to finish the movie. It's good. I recommend it. Jack is still jack even though he plays an evangelist murderer from east texas. B dog out.

No comments: