Monday, July 23, 2012

7/23/12 day 89: St. Petersburg

615 AM wake up is a bad idea. In some customs, it's plain rude. It's downright anti social. I didn't go to the crew party last night in order to make my wake up call. See? Anti social. You know it's too early when even the crew mess hasn't opened yet for breakfast. Brace yourself for a disjointed and brief blog entry.

Toured 3 Romanov palaces today: Catherine's, Paul's, and Alexanders. Very nice. Those Russians knew how to get extravagant. I'm experiencing palace fatigue though and it's not just because I'm tired. I get it. You had cash. Bought fancy stuff. Adorned your house with gold, marble, amber, and other precious stones. Pretty sweet. Well done. Where is the bus?

Lunch saved the day: boiled beef in a garlic sour cream sauce, garlic pickles, bread, borsch with sour cream, stuffed cabbage, Russian wine, crepes with lingen berries, honey and vanilla ice cream and of course vodka. I am going to nap like a champion. Like a champion, I say.


No comments: