Friday, July 27, 2012

7/27/12 day 93: Copenhagen

Loaded out of my room as the new guy Michael from Ireland was loading in. He looked nervous and disoriented which is exactly how I looked when I got on board. Said goodbye to the band (they are being moved to another Seabourn ship), had lunch with friends and threw around some high fives as I made a couple last laps of the ship. It really is a beautiful ship. I'd love to be a guest here.

Burger day in the crew mess! Usually a reason to celebrate. The mood today was mixed. The energy in the mess is just weird on embarkation day. New crew and guests getting on and off: excitement, sadness, indifference. People talk longingly about the end of their contract. People in street clothes looking smug. Others are quietly eating lunch during their break. It's a weird scene.

It's a stunner of a day in Copenhagen. Loads of folks making their way to the beach on their bicycles, or sitting outside of cafes drinking a beer. My first real summer weather. Looks lovely. Copenhagen in good weather is magical. I was a little bummed I didn't have the afternoon free to walk around.

Got to the airport and was promptly charged 200 euros for my guitar (a third piece of luggage). Let's see if the credit card even had the room! If it did, I'll be promptly requesting reimbursement from the head office. Man, I hate traveling with the guitar. Its getting more and more difficult. Delta is so low budg; they still rock the planes with the big screen in the middle of the seating area which means suffering through someone's terrible movie choices like the one we watched with Eddie Murphy about a tree. Remind me not to fly this airline again.

Landed in Phoenix at 11:15 pm, which was like 915 am Sojourn time. I was greeted at the airport by my beautiful girlfriend Kimberly. She was a sight for tired eyes! Made me forget about the Phoenix heat, my growling stomach, and my heavy eye lids. It's amazing to have people in my life that support me and my ideas and help me achieve my goals. Excited for the next chapter in Phoenix. Extremely satisfied with the Sojourn chapter. Life is good, people.

Gonna take a few days off from the blog an get situated in phx. Thanks for reading and following the adventures. There will be more to update on soon!

No comments: