Friday, July 6, 2012

7/6/12 day 72: Honningsvåg, Norway

Cold, rainy, and windy today in northern Europe. I looked on the bridge cam to check the weather this morning and saw the black and white Seabourn umbrellas dotting the pier. I figured that mother nature was probably upset that I had IPM and couldn't leave the ship, so she made it a nasty day. I am slightly bummed I couldn't get off the ship tho and check out Nordkapp, europe's northern most city, but from what I can see from the ship the landscape appears to be the same that we have been seeing. So ultimately, not that bummed. I made it to Honningsvag and that'll have to do for now.

I spent my day in the gym and learning new songs. I added "Obladi Oblada" by the Beatles and "a pirate looks at forty" by Jimmy Buffett. Never thought i'd do it, learn a Buffett tune, but after listening a couple times, I realized it's not a bad song and I have been asked a couple times to play it. The people have spoken. Behold the power of the request.

No comments: