Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/21/12 day 26: Newcastle, UK

Overcast and cold today. Added an extra layer of clothes. Did an afternoon walk around Newcastle. Not a ton of cultural or historic stuff to see. Downtown is one big shopping area. Picked up a new dress shirt and a couple new ties. This is the first time I've worn a suit to work in 6 years, and I need some new threads. Also found a music shop with some proper acoustic guitars. Luckily, I stocked up on strings before I left, they were pretty pricey at this store.

Last night was crew Curry Night , which they have on occasion. Basically the chef whips up some curry for the crew and we take over one of the guest restaurants from 11 to 1. They wheel out a couple ice chests of beer and let the crew hang out in an otherwise off limits area. They also share some of the amazing desserts that they make for the guests. I tell ya, those desserts are dangerous.

No comments: