Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5/22/12 day 27: At Sea

"I'm all at sea..." Jamie Cullum

This song plays on repeat in my head on our sea days.

Last night I met some friends in the crew bar after my sets. This is the default meeting place in the evening. There were maybe 10 people in there. One girl was playing her iPod through the stereo. I asked if I could play some music when she was done. The sound engineer for the ship hadn't heard the latest Bombay Bicycle Club, so I threw it on. Every other night they are bumping techno in this joint. BBC's new album is very acoustic and mellow, a HUGE deviation from what is normally played. About five songs in, I started to get weird looks from the others in the bar. Finally the bartender came over and asked for something more upbeat... He took out his laptop and dropped some dance pop. Oh well, I tried. I'm gonna see if we can have a jazz night in the crew bar and really blow some minds.

Holland tomorrow but unfortunately I have in port manning and have to stay on the ship. The day after that we are in Hamburg where we get a new load of guests. Already been here almost a month. Time is flying by!

No comments: