Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/8/12 day 13: at sea

This is our first day "at sea." Singing Jamie Cullum's "all at sea" as I write this. We are traveling to Malaga in the south of Spain. I am currently sitting on the crew deck at the back of the boat, catching some rays with the Spanish coastline to my right. Not too much traffic out here: an occasional container boat, luxury yacht, or fishing boat. It really is an amazing way to see the world.

It's been a very relaxing day so far actually. We had cabin inspections this morning, then lunch, then I watched one of the new movies in my room, took a nap, and now I am here getting some vitamin D before I hit the gym. I did making a frightening discovery this morning though that could ruin all my hard work... you put an almond croissant in the microwave for about 10 seconds. It's pretty amazing.

Working three sets tonight. You know, my work/life routine on this boat is pretty similar to life back in phx except for the fact that I am floating on tons of steel to new and exciting locations with a bunch of strangers... otherwise it's exactly the same thing. Well, and the almond croissants.

1 comment:

James L. Thane said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! I'm enjoying the commentary...