Sunday, May 6, 2012

5/6/12 day 11: Sanary-sur-Mer, France

It was overcast as we pulled into this little port town this morning. We took the tender to the dock and walked into a nice little Sunday farmers market. Loads of fresh veggies, oysters, herbs, and cheeses. I'm glad I didnt go hungry! People were walking around munching on fresh baguettes. I could smell the fresh strawberries and was tempted to pick some up but didn't in the end for some dumb reason. Walking the town took maybe 30 minutes (especially after walking Rome at warp speed) but it was quaint; quiet alleys with shops, cafes, french people out on a Sunday stroll with their "chien." Saw some soap shops that would have sent my mother into a frenzy. She would spend all day in those shops and leave that town loaded down with soaps of every flavor and scent. Next time Ma...

Starting to get into a groove out here. I dig the challenge. I am excited about where this experience will take me, literally and figuratively.

1 comment:

aimee said...

Nice to read your blog and remember each town. We loved this port as well. Did some great local shopping at the market!