Thursday, April 4, 2013

4/05/13 day 4: Odense

Came downstairs to the pub in the early afternoon after spending the morning drinking instant coffee and snacking on bread and cheese. I had grand intentions to do some more walking around downtown but the wind cuts rights through the layers making me wish I had packed at least a sturdy sweater or robust onesy... Something with fur.

The bartender warned me that around 1pm the bar would be raging with disgruntled Danish teachers.... Apparently, 1,500 teachers were striking that day and somehow they picked Ryan's for a post rally drink. I kind of wish I had a 3pm set time. Ah, well, actually, no I don't. I saw people singing along to Twisted Sister... Probably better I don't get involved. I hear the HC Anderson museum is nearby...

Lively crowd tonight. The place was packed w what I can only describe as jubilant youth. No older than 21, if that. In my younger years, I would have dreaded such a situation. What to play, what play... Turns out, they thankfully still love the golden oldies, you know, Wonderwall and all that. Needless to say, I had the room singing. And then the place cleared. I think they all went to the discotheque or something.

I did taste some local flavors. It's called a Galliano Hot shot and its delicious. Coffee, Galliano a vanilla liquor, whipped cream and cinnamon. Delicious.

Goodnight planet.



No comments: