Sunday, April 7, 2013

4/07/13 day 6: Copenhagen, Denmark

Made the short walk to the Odense train station this afternoon. Luckily, every third train is headed to the big city. A couple hours later I was standing outside Tivoli Garden as I had on my first visit to this fair city in 1994. I know the way to the Dubliner. Walk east along Amargertorv. Can't miss it. Green awning on the right. For years, the facade of the building was covered with scaffolding. It looks different now. Like when someone gets their braces off.

I walked in, dropped my luggage and ordered a coffee. I was immediately befriended by a tall, curly haired cat named Julian from Liverpool. He was the musician this past weekend. Or last week. I get the impression it's all a blur for him. He showed me the musician accommodations and talked through the idiosyncrasies of the PA with me (aux 1 is shot, this channel is broken, etc) Good dude w helpful information. The Dubliner is a little rough around the edges for sure, but its fun.

Musician accommodations are a little different than in Odense. More communal. I'm sharing the upper floor w the head chef (a cat from France).

I wish the weather would play along. It can't decide whether to spit rain, snow or hail. Either way, buskers are still outside singing, playing accordion, saxophone. I probably passed four buskers on my walk here and there are more within ear shot. Some cat is banging a stick stuck in a bucket... Actually, maybe that's street art or something. Either way, its very lively outside. Can't decide whether to brave the weather and head over to my favorite shawarma spot or stay put and try to get my nap on.

I opted for the shawarma. So good! First meal of the day at 5pm. Early start tonight at 9. Maybe I'll get to bed before 3? Those 11pm starts in Odense were brutal.

Had a super mellow set tonight at the Dubliner. Friends Christian and his wife Melissa were at the show. Christian saw me and Clint play the Dubliner back in 2009 and then saw The Sweet Remains at Dexter in Odense in 2010. That, my friends, is called dedication and music appreciation.

Alright, night y'all.



No comments: