Thursday, April 11, 2013

4/11/13 day 10: Copenhagen, Denmark

From my third floor vantage point, it looked pretty nasty outside this morning; rainy, flags flapping at a clip, and people all bundled up below. Not exactly walk-about weather. I squeezed a couple more cups of complimentary coffee out of my hosts at the Dubliner. Nice folk. Maybe they take pity on me. Either way, the coffee is hot and the Internet access flows freely. Seems a shame not to fully enjoy this city on my last few days, but I feel like I've seen a lot of the important sights during my visit last Summer. Now, I can just be here, you know. Take the world in over a cup of coffee. No rushing about. "Locker bleiben" as they say in Germany.

I did have to have another shawarma before the day was out, so I braved the cold and protesting teachers (remember in Odense? Danish teachers are still locked out until they come to a contract agreement). Ps. It was delicious.

My gig at Cafe Retro was cool. Really cosy joint. I'd been scoping it out all week. Low exposed beam ceiling, funky furniture, danish people, etc. But in true Euro fashion, the PA was in great shape, the audience quiet and appreciative, and the bartenders respectful and generous. I mean, what Open mic in the states would offer up a whole case of Øl (that's beer) to all who perform?! I cant think of one Ive ever played. Host Nicholas was really great; good tunes and great voice. I did a bunch of originals which felt really nice. A nice cap to the week. Almost like a dose of reality. Chomping at the bit for the tSR tour starting next week. Getting ready to bring the heat with my homies. Night.





No comments: