Saturday, April 27, 2013

4/27/13 day 26: Freiburg>Fribourg

Peeled out of bed at 9 to catch the tail end of breakfast at the hotel. The weather outside looked gloomy; rain was misting down and light grey clouds covered the top of Schlossberg where just yesterday we sat in T-shirts and looked out over this great and cozy city. The weather is fickle. Not sure if its ready for Spring. Ray told us last night that the rain helped attendance at the show. He feared a beautiful night would force everyone outside. Apparently, the people HAVE decided what they want; spring, sunshine, warm. Good for us though.

We asked for a late check out to take advantage of our last hours in Germany. I broke out towards downtown over slick cobblestone streets and quiet passageways. I was looking for nothing in particular; maybe something to bring home for loved ones. Maybe something for my family. I ended up enjoying a fresh squeezed juice (celery, carrot, apple) which reminded me of mornings in Phoenix with Kim. I turned up my collar and stepped back out onto the street looking for nothing in particular.

We hit the road about 12. It was a pretty painless two hour drive south, except for the 40 Swiss franc toll we had to pay... Ouch. Thanks Switzerland!

Checked into hotel, sound check, all done by 5:30. Had time to go back to hotel and get some rest before the show. Had no energy to explore. Was feeling a bit zapped overall and decided it would be for everyone's benefit to lay low. We had our last supper at an Italian joint next door.

The venue was very cool; comfy couches, nice bar, cool lighting... We played two sets to a rambunctious crowd. It was a fun way to end the tour. I was super excited to see my friend Marla Moffa show up with her roommate. They came all the way from Milano, Italy! We had a mini-1994 south Hadley high school reunion and we all hung out and caught up after the set.

We said goodbye to Peter tonight as he is gonna spend a couple days in Geneva before he goes home. Jeff and I are to be on the road by 8:40 headed to Stuttgart, Germany to catch flights.

Can't wait to spend some time on my post-tour wrap up tomorrow. Nacht, leute.









No comments: